KFS is now open for Fiscal Year 2018 Processing. Happy New Fiscal Year!
As you begin to look at balances on your accounts in KFS, please note the following:
- Although Fiscal Year 2018 is the default on balance inquiries, you have the option to change the date to Fiscal Year 2017 by typing over 2018.
- When looking at Fiscal Year 2017 balances on the “General Ledger Balance” inquiry, there is an additional period called “Year End.” This is where you will see any activity posted after June 30, 2017 that relates to Fiscal Year 2017. On the General Ledger Entry inquiry, you will see these transactions in Fiscal Period “13.”
- Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Balances are loaded for all 2-ledger, 3-ledger, and Fiscal 4-ledger accounts. (Sub-funds OPTUI, OPOTF, and OPAUX). Budgets for project accounts are scheduled to be updated overnight on July 3rd as pending entries (see #4 below). Processing for all accounts should continue as necessary.
- KFS has the ability to show the prior year balances carried over into the new fiscal year. Ending balances from Fiscal Year 2017, which are scheduled to be loaded overnight on July 3rd as pending entries, will be regularly updated into Fiscal Year 2018 until the final close in August.
- New Fiscal Year 2018 external encumbrances (Purchase Orders) are in KFS.
- Prior Year external encumbrances that are carried forward into Fiscal Year 2018 are also in KFS.
- Fiscal Year 2018 payroll encumbrances are scheduled to be loaded within the next couple of days.
If you have any questions, please contact Annette Pavone at 486-2934.
Annette Pavone, CPA
KFS Functional Coordinator & Accounting Manager
University of Connecticut
343 Mansfield Road
Storrs, CT 06269-1074
Phone: (860) 486-2934
Fax: (860) 486-0570