From: Kuali Financial System [mailto:KFS-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU] On Behalf Of Pavone, Annette Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 8:28 AM To: KFS-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU Subject: The Intra-Account Adjustment eDoc (IAA)
Many departments have started to utilize the secondary coding on Accounting lines such as Sub-Account, Sub-Object Code and Project Code. These codes are very useful if you would like to further define General Ledger activity for reporting purposes. With the September 2015 Upgrade of KFS, a new Financial Processing eDoc was introduced that is specifically designed to help add/correct secondary coding on balances: the Intra-Account Adjustment (IAA). Previously, only the General Error Correction or the Distribution of Income and Expense eDoc were used to re-allocate balances for sub-coding purposes. What makes the IIA better?
- The IAA does not route for central approval (Accounting won’t be reviewing it)
- It includes both a Reference Number field and an optional Line Description
- It can be used for payroll object codes*
- Use it to re-allocate previous activity, or to correct errors in coding
Some other things you should know about the IAA:
It does not allow for changes to the account or object code; only the sub-coding may be changed
- It cannot be used for Budget Balances; only Actual Balances can be adjusted with the IAA
- Similar to the GEC or DI, it will not change the original transaction; the Reference Number field can be used to reference the original transaction eDoc number
For a PowerPoint presentation on Sub-Accounts, Sub Object-Codes, and Project Codes, click here.
*Changes to payroll object codes on an IAA eDoc will only be reflected in the General Ledger, the Labor Ledger will remain unchanged.
If you have any questions regarding the Intra-Account Adjustment eDoc, or the use of sub-coding, feel free to contact me.
Annette Pavone, CPA