The Kuali Team is excited to share with you our plans to upgrade the Kuali Financial System (KFS) to version 5.3 beginning at 3pm on Friday, September 11th, 2015. We will be meeting with our project Leadership Team this week and expect to gain final approval to “Go Live”. We anticipate KFS and KFDM will be ready for use at the opening of business on Monday, September 14th, 2015. Any changes to the schedule will be communicated through KFS-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU.
As we discussed during our July Informational Session, there are many benefits to upgrading KFS including:
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
- The ability to continue to leverage the support of the Kuali Foundation and Community by keeping us on a supported version
- Positioning for the future by leveraging the latest technologies such as Kuali RICE 2.0 and new modules which are available
- Elimination of customizations that are now part of the delivered system
- Simplification of our infrastructure by reducing the number of servers we need to maintain.
To assist with the transition, a new SharePoint site has been created to provide documentation, such as the What’s New in KFS 5.3 Users Guide, a link to the video of the Informational Session held in July, and discussion groups to get help for issues and share ideas. Please review the information prior to September 14th to become familiar with any changes that may impact your area.
The Kuali Team
For more information, contact: Jean Ose at email@example.com