To All KFS Users:
As you know, the end of fiscal year 2015 is quickly approaching. For an orderly close of KFS, there is a need for all FY15 KFS eDocs to be finalized before the end of June. There are eDocs in KFS that have a status of “enroute” – some of these are several months old. A document that is “enroute” is waiting for approval by someone. Every KFS User is being asked to do the following:
1. Check your Action List regularly, and look in the “Action Requested” column for items that say “Approve.” Open up each eDoc, and approve or disapprove it as appropriate. Once you take the action requested, the eDoc will disappear from your Action List, and move on to the next approver or to Final or Processed status. For more information about managing your Action List, and for details on other Route Statuses and other Actions Requested, please see KFS FAQ’s (Action List) and the Action List Tutorial Video.
2. We also ask that you find eDocs that you have initiated that are still enroute, and have not yet routed to a central department such as Accounts Payable or Accounting. (Many of you do not initiate eDocs so this does not apply.) For these eDocs, look at the route log to see whose action list it is in, and contact that person to remind them to take action on the eDoc.
3. To find your enroute eDocs:
a. Click on the “doc search” button
b. Click on the “detailed search” button
c. Enter your netid in the Initiator box
d. In the Route Status box, choose “ENROUTE”
e. Optional: Name this search by entering “My enroute eDocs,” for example, in the “Name this search” box. To easily re-
create this search in the future, use the Searches dropdown list.
f. Click “search”
g. To see the route log on an eDoc:
1. Open up the eDoc and go to the Route Log tab, or
2. Click on the “Route Log” icon in the far right column. This will open up only the route log.
h. In the Pending Action Requests area, look for “IN ACTION LIST APPROVE” – this is where the eDoc is currently waiting for action. If it is a group, you can click on the group name to see the individual members in this group.
If you are unable to approve an eDoc that it is your action list, or if you encounter any other issues, please go to http://financesystems.uconn.edu/ and click on “Help & Support.” Please provide the eDoc number, and a description of the error that you are receiving.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Annette Pavone, CPA
KFS Functional Coordinator & Accounting Manager
University of Connecticut
343 Mansfield Road
Storrs, CT 06269-1074
Phone: (860) 486-2934
Fax: (860) 486-0570